Popular cars in London
London is our most popular market here at Leasing.com, and the demand for contract hire only looks to be growing in the region. Below are some of the most popular cars that are leased in London:
Getting to know the area
Driving around London is different from the rest of the UK, keep up-to-date with what the local area is like with our fast facts below:
- London has the UK’s highest number of electric vehicles with over 20,000. Until 2025, all purely electric cars, vans and other vehicles will be exempt from the Congestion Charge because they have zero tailpipe emissions.
- From 22 June 2020, the London Congestion Charge temporarily increased to £15 a day. It currently operates from 7am to 10pm, seven days a week.
- London has three roads where you drive on the right – Savoy Court, Ecclestone Bridge and Hammersmith Bus Station.
FAQs when leasing in London
- What lengths of contract are available?
- The minimum term for a contract hire agreement is 12 months, with deals on Leasing.com stretching to as long as 60 months (five years).
- Is insurance included in a car lease deal?
- No. Because the cost of insurance can vary wildly between drivers, it is impossible to accurately factor in insurance costs with our monthly lease rates. Luckily though, insuring a lease car is no different to getting any other car insured, so shop around for the most suitable quote for you.
- Can I put a personal number plate on a leased vehicle?
- Yes, this shouldn’t be a problem, just check with finance company providing the vehicle first. Make sure that you have their agreement and confirmation that they will transfer the number back to you at the end of the agreement.
- Is delivery & collection included in a lease deal?
- Yes. All our advertising partners offer vehicle delivery to UK mainland addresses.
- Can I amend the agreed mileage part-way through a contract?
- This should not be a problem. You will need to contact the leasing company concerned to arrange an alternative agreement, but this will usually mean altering the monthly payments.
- Is Road Tax included in a car lease?
- Road tax, or Vehicle Excise Duty to give it its proper name, will normally be included within the price. All lease agreements should include road tax either for the duration of the contract or for the first 12 months. Please note, if the cost of the tax increases during the lease agreement, you may be liable to pay the amount of the increase. Always check your contract.