At Leasing.com (a website operated by Leasing.com Group Ltd (company number: 03934283)) we are committed to protecting your data and privacy.
We have published this data protection guide to ensure that you are fully aware of how and why we collect information about you, to whom such information is disclosed and what your rights are. You should ensure that you have read and understood this guide before providing your information to us.
What personal information do we collect and how do we obtain it?
We receive your personal information when you complete any of the forms on any of our websites, register to receive our newsletter or enter one of our competitions.
How do we use your personal information?
The table below sets out how we may use the different types of personal information we collect from you and our lawful basis for doing so.
|Personal data collected||How we use such personal data||Lawful basis|
|Email address you provide to us on subscription to our newsletter.||To send you our weekly newsletter containing our latest offers, details of our new website content and third party links and to invite you to register for an account with us.||Your consent.|
|Email address you provide to us to receive search alerts in respect of particular search criteria.||Initially, to contact you by the email address provided to confirm your details and invite you to register for an account with us. Once you have confirmed your email address, we will contact you with news, price and deal updates in respect of the search parameters you have included at such frequency as you have requested.||Your consent.|
|The name, email address, telephone number (if you have chosen to provide this) and any additional information provided to us when you complete your request to “Get a Quote”.||We will share the details you have provided to us with the applicable advertiser to enable them to contact you to discuss/provide a quote. These details will also be held in the advertiser’s account on our website. After we have shared your details with the advertiser we will retain these in accordance with our retention policy for our internal verification processes to determine the conversion rate of quotes requested through our website. We may use the email address you provide to contact you by email following your request for a quote to seek your feedback on your experience of using our website, to invite you to register for an account with us and to invite you to participate in competitions and surveys we may operate from time to time. We may also use the name you provide to send you personalised messages (please see below).||We will use this personal information to carry out your request for a quote. Our retention and use of your personal information thereafter is based on our legitimate interests of measuring the effectiveness of our website and the value our advertisers are obtaining from advertising on our website.|
|Email address you provide to us when completing your request to “Get a Quote”.||Unless you unsubscribe, to use such email address to send you emails about our latest deals and other useful information.||Our legitimate interests of promoting our offers and services, and providing out latest information, to users who we think will be interested in receiving such information and which may purchase a lease deal following the use of our website (which, in turn, leads to increased revenue for us and enables us to improve the website for future use).|
|Phone number you provide to us when completing your request to “Get a Quote”.||Unless you opt-out, to use such phone number to send you texts about our latest deals and other useful information.||Our legitimate interests of promoting our offers and services, and providing out latest information, to users who we think will be interested in receiving such information and which may purchase a lease deal following the use of our website (which, in turn, leads to increased revenue for us and enables us to improve the website for future use).|
|Email address you provide to us when you register for an account with us and details of your enquiries, searches and viewed offers. Note: if you register/login using your social network, please see below.||To enable you to create an account to be accessed using our website and which enables you to view and manage your advertiser enquiries, view your searches and your saved searches and re-visit offers that you have previously shown an interest in on our website.||Provision of our ‘my account’ services to you.|
|Email address we extract from your social media account (Facebook, LinkedIn, Gmail, Twitter and/or Microsoft) when you register for an account with us.||To enable you to create an account to be accessed using our website and which enables you to view and manage you advertiser enquiries, view your searches and your saved searches and re-visit offers that you have previously shown an interest in on our website.||Provision of our ‘my account’ services to you.|
|IP address||We will retain your IP address when you enter and browse our website. We will use your IP address to monitor the performance of our website, to investigate security issues, to monitor how you use our website (the pages you access, the time spent on each page, the frequency at which you visit our website and other related factors) and to provide relevant advertisements relating to our products to you (unless you set your browser settings to tell us that you do not wish us to do so).||Your consent.|
|Name, email address and/or telephone number provided by you during the use of our website.||To contact you to discuss services that have been requested by you.||We will use these personal details to carry out any services requested by you.|
|Other details provided by you on entry into any of our competitions.||We may, from time to time, offer competitions on our website. In the event that you choose to enter such competitions, we will let you know in advance how we intend to use the details you provide for entry into such competitions.||N/A|
|Telephone conversations you have with our advertisers where these have been recorded (you will be notified in advance where this is the case).||We will store these recordings on our secure server for approximately 30 days following such recording. These will be available to the relevant advertiser for its reference during this time. We will review these recordings for customer service and quality monitoring purposes.||Your consent and our legitimate interests of monitoring our service quality.|
You may withdraw your consent at any time
Some of our use of your personal information is subject to the lawful basis of “consent” (you will be able to see where this is the case in the table above).
You are able to withdraw your consent to such processing or stop us sending marketing communications at any time by either contacting us using the contact details set out below or, following the “unsubscribe” link in each email we send to you or replying to any text message we send you with the word “STOP”. Please note that if you do unsubscribe we can no longer contact you with our latest news and offers or details of any search alerts you have requested.
Sharing your personal data
As referred to above, in order to provide a quote to you, we will need to share your details with the advertiser from whom you have requested a quote.
We also use third party mailing companies to: manage our customer database, send out newsletters and offers on our behalf, and collect your feedback. We will share your personal information with these third parties to the extent required for them to provide these services on our behalf.
Required disclosures to third parties
We may make the following disclosures of your personal information to third parties where required:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data which we hold to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Leasing.com Group Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers/users will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
We will not transfer any personal data we collect from you to a destination outside the European Economic Area.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information in the following ways:
- We will not request information which is excessive for our purposes.
- Try, with your assistance, to keep any information we hold about you up to date and accurate.
- Delete any information which we hold about you which is no longer relevant in accordance with our retention policy.
- We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given to us to prevent unauthorised access.
- By having appropriate written agreements in place with those advertisers from which you may request a quote from using our site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Receipt of personal information
If you do not want to continue to be contacted by us please contact us using the contact details set out below, following the unsubscribe link in each email we send to you or reply to any text message we send you with the word “STOP”.
You may continue to receive communications on route to you for a short period of time while your suppression is being processed.
Retention of personal information
We will retain your personal information for such time as you still wish to receive our offers and newsletters or hold an account with us.
In the event that we are holding your personal information because you have requested a quote from us, we will keep such personal information for eighteen (18) months post collection. However, if we use your personal information to send you messages about our latest offers, deals and information, we will retain such information for up to four years post-collection.
We will retain your IP address for approximately thirty days following collection, following which time they will be deleted.
We may also be required to keep your data for such longer periods as is required pursuant to applicable laws.
You have various rights in respect of your personal information
You have various rights in respect of your personal information, as follows:
- a right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress to you;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [email protected] or Leasing.com Group Ltd, Domain House, 4 Watchgate, Newby Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5DB.
Your right to make a complaint in respect of our use of your personal information
You have the right to complain in respect of our use of your personal data. If you are a UK resident, your complaint would normally be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Please contact us before you escalate your complaint.
You can contact us in respect of your personal information
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are stored on your computer or other device by our websites. They are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Types of Cookies
Session cookies are stored in your computer's memory for the length of your browsing session. They become inaccessible after the session has been inactive for a time and are automatically deleted from your computer when the browser is closed. They help keep track of your progress so you don't have to enter the same information more than once.
Persistent cookies are stored on the user's computer memory and are not deleted when the browser is closed. They are used to keep your preferences for the website, so that they will be remembered for next time you visit the website. They are also used to collect information about the numbers of visitors, the average time spent on a particular page and analyse browsing behaviour on the website. This information is used to find out how well the website works and where it can be improved.
First Party Cookies
These are cookies set by this website. Some are necessary to the functionality of the site, others provide information to us that we analyse to monitor and improve the site. These cookies will be deleted after each session.
Third Party Cookies
We want to provide interesting and engaging content on our website and provide relevant advertisements to you relating to products and services in which you have shown an interest. On a number of pages we use 'plug ins' or embedded media.
For example, we embed YouTube videos and Advertising in many pages. We may also collect and store your IP address to enable us to serve relevant advertisements to you through your internet browser. The suppliers of these services may also set cookies on your device when you visit the pages where we have used this type of content.
Sharing with social networks
If you use the buttons that allow you to share products and content with your friends via social networks like Twitter and Facebook, these companies may set a cookie on your computer. Find out more about these here:
How Do I Opt Out of Cookies?
To make full use of the features on our site you will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
If you'd prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from our websites or any other website, you can use your browser to do this though your experience of using the site may be significantly impaired should you do so (although, if you choose to restrict, block or delete third party cookies we do not envisage that this will significantly impair the functionality of our website).
Please visit www.youronlinechoices.com or www.allaboutcookies.org. Information on these websites will assist you in exercising your privacy rights providing guidance on how to opt-out of future access or continued storage of information via cookies.
Conditions of using this website
1. We (Leasing.com Group Ltd) provide this website (as renamed, relocated, re-designed or otherwise changed from time to time) and all content and functionality available on it from time to time (Website). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registration number 3934283) and our registered office is at Domain House, 4 Watchgate, Newby Road, Hazel Grove, Stockport, SK7 5DB.
2. We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and are a credit broker and not a lender.
About these conditions
1. For the purpose of these conditions, we refer to the Website and the database collectively as 'the Website'.
2. If you log on to or use any part of the Website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not log on to or use this Website.
3. We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the Website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
4. Certain provisions of these conditions may only apply to you if you are using the Website as a consumer, rather than a business user, and vice versa. We have made it clear where this is the case.
Using the Website
1. You must be 18 or over to use the Website.
2. The Website allows you to:
a. search for car deals and to contact the organisations that provide these deals and services (such organisations being 'the advertisers') ('the Search Functionality'); and
b. where you have been invited to do so, submit an application for a car lease deal to an advertiser ('the Application Functionality').
3. You are allowed to use the Website and the results of any search you carry out on the Website for the purposes set out above, unless this is not allowed under the your use of the Website section of these conditions.
4. Prices of car deals made available on the Website by advertisers are for information purposes only and do not constitute an offer by advertisers which is capable of acceptance by you. Prices are subject to change on a regular basis. This applies to both the Search Functionality and the Application Functionality.
5. The information contained on the Website and from any communication related to the Website does not constitute financial advice.
6. We may limit your access to some parts of the Website depending on whether you have registered for an account with us.
7. Please do not tell other people your log in, password or any other piece of information that is part of our security procedures.
8. We have the right to disable any log in or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these conditions.
9. Although we take reasonable steps to prevent people misusing the Website and to make sure that your information is protected, given the nature of the internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
Your use of the website
1. You cannot use the Website:
a. for any unlawful purpose; to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone's privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us; to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else's databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
b. to tamper with, update or change any part of the Website;
c. in a way that affects how it operates;
d. to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable;
e. in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large burden on our technical systems as determined by us; or
f. using any automated means to monitor, copy or scrape the Website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the Website works.
2. You shall not input any personal data relating to any other person to the Website.
3. Unless otherwise stated, these conditions shall apply to all Websites operated by us from time to time.
4. The Website may contain links to other independent websites which are not operated by us. Such websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for and have not checked and approved their content or their privacy policies (if any). You will need to make your own independent judgement about whether to use any such independent websites, including whether to buy any products or services offered by them.
5. We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website for business and operational reasons.
1. If you use the Application Functionality, the following terms shall apply:
a. we act as a credit broker and not a lender;
b. we will transfer all the information inputted by you to an application form (including your personal data) to the advertiser who has invited you to complete such application form (who may also share this information with a lender on who behalf they are acting) to determine your eligibility for credit;
c. the application form is an application for finance. Before completing and submitting the form you should ensure that you fully understand the finance for which you are applying and the terms upon which such finance may be granted;
d. an invitation to apply for finance is not an offer of finance capable of your acceptance and we provide no guarantee that your application will be accepted by the relevant advertiser or result in entry into a finance deal;
e. an invitation for an application may be withdrawn by the advertiser or rejected by you at any time prior to submission of the application to the advertiser. We provide no guarantees or representations in respect of the continued availability of any invitation to make an application;
f. you are solely responsible for ensuring that all information inputted by you into the application form is complete, accurate and up to date and that the vehicle and lease agreement in respect of which you are making an application is the correct agreement;
g. you understand that a check in respect of your credit history may be carried out by the advertiser following receipt of your application to determine your eligibility for the lease agreement. This will leave a record on your credit history which could (particularly if multiple checks are performed in a short period of time) adversely affect your credit score and affect your ability to apply for future credit, regardless of whether a lease agreement is entered into; and
h. you may only complete an application form on your own account and shall not complete an application form on behalf of any other person save where you are applying for a business leasing deal and have been duly authorised by the relevant applicant to make such application on their behalf.
1. We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
2. Subject to point 1 of this section, we will not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered or incurred by you as a result of: (i) the conduct (including any omissions) of an advertiser; and (ii) any breach by you of these conditions.
3. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information made available on the Website we rely on our advertisers to provide correct and up to date information to use and we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up to date and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of reliance on such information.
4. We recommend that you back up any information submitted to the Website which you wish to retain for future use. Such information may be removed from the Website at any time without prior notice.
5. If you are a business user:
a. We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the Website, any content on it and/or any functionality made available through it.
b. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: (i) use of, or inability to use, the Website; or (ii) use of or reliance on any content displayed on or functionality of the Website. In particular, we will not be liable for: (i) loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; (ii) business interruption; (iii) loss of anticipated savings; (iv) loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or (v) any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
6. If you are a consumer user you should only use the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Intellectual property rights
1. We legally own a wide range of intellectual property rights used in and relating to the Website, including:
a. the car deal-listings directory database ('the database') which you can get access to using our Website;
b. the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on the Website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages;
c. in all the software used in relation to this Website.
1. If you are a consumer, please note that these conditions, their subject matter and their formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
2. If you are a business, these conditions, their subject matter and their formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.