Getting to know the area
Before browsing some of our Edinburgh contract hire deals why not get to know the city:
- Edinburgh has recently been named the greenest city in the UK – thanks to its low air pollution, open green spaces and environmental policies.
- We all know about Tesla, but the Madelvic Motor Carriage Company was technically producing electric cars as early as 1898.
- Edinburgh Napier University have also created the first biofuel car of its kind that runs entirely off whisky residue.
FAQs when leasing in Edinburgh
- What lengths of contract are available?
- The minimum term for a contract hire agreement is 12 months, with deals on Leasing.com stretching to as long as 60 months (five years).
- Is insurance included in a car lease deal?
- No. Because the cost of insurance can vary wildly between drivers, it is impossible to accurately factor in insurance costs with our monthly lease rates. Luckily though, insuring a lease car is no different to getting any other car insured, so shop around for the most suitable quote for you.
- Can I put a personal number plate on a leased vehicle?
- Yes, this shouldn’t be a problem, just check with finance company providing the vehicle first. Make sure that you have their agreement and confirmation that they will transfer the number back to you at the end of the agreement.
- Is delivery & collection included in a lease deal?
- Yes. All our advertising partners offer vehicle delivery to UK mainland addresses.
- Can I amend the agreed mileage part-way through a contract?
- This should not be a problem. You will need to contact the leasing company concerned to arrange an alternative agreement, but this will usually mean altering the monthly payments.
- Is Road Tax included in a car lease?
- Road tax, or Vehicle Excise Duty to give it its proper name, will normally be included within the price. All lease agreements should include road tax either for the duration of the contract or for the first 12 months. Please note, if the cost of the tax increases during the lease agreement, you may be liable to pay the amount of the increase. Always check your contract.
How Leasing.com works
Choose your car and lease plan
Browse lease offers on any make and model by tailoring your initial payment, mileage and lease length using the filters to create a plan that suits your monthly budget.
Contact the advertising partner
View the details of the offer you have found and click the "Get a Quote" button to securely pass your details to the advertising partner providing the car.
Say goodbye to buying
The advertising partner will be in touch to answer any questions and help you place your order. They will keep you updated on your car's progress.