Following on from guidance on social distancing, the UK government has announced that people should avoid all non-essential travel as UK cases of Covid-19 continue to climb. While the term ‘non-...
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Congestion
- Alfa Romeo
- BMW ALPINA
- Land Rover
- MG Motor UK
Public Health England has today offered a series of recommendations on how the government can improve air quality. While the government has pledged £220m toward a clean air fund, currently 28,000-...
Having introduced a £23m van scrappage scheme earlier this week, Sadiq Khan shows no signs of slowing down for the festive period by also announcing changes to the Congestion Charge. Aimed at furt...
Highways England has suggested that drivers could be allowed to travel at higher speeds through motorway roadworks when road workers aren’t active. The speed limit could increase from 50mph to 60m...
The diesel engine has turned into a huge wounded beast lurching from damaging blow to the next. The latest salvo comes from Germany where the cities of Leipzig and Stuttgart have been told by the F...
UK drivers spent an average of 31 hours stuck in rush hour gridlock last year according to analysts Inrix – a figure that officially makes the UK the 10th most congested country in the world. The ...
Are traffic lights the key to cutting motorway congestion? £7m trial involving M6 and M62 aims to find out
Highways England has announced that a link road at a junction of the M6 and M62 in Cheshire will take part in a £7m trial to ease congestion this month.
Most UK drivers think traffic is getting worse, with middle-lane hoggers seen as one of the main causes of congestion
Findings from the RAC Report on Motoring reveal that more than half of UK drivers believe traffic on major roads has increased. Around 65% of vehicle miles are driven on motorways, A-roads and hig...
The London T-charge, which mainly applies to pre-2006 diesel and petrol vehicles has come into force today (23 October). Covering the same area as the existing congestion charge zone - all of cent...
It’s hell out there on the roads these days. We don’t need to tell you that, chances are you live it every morning and evening during your commute or whenever you attempt to make plans for the week...
Search Leasing Deals
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Coronavirus Q&A: How it’s affecting car leasing
- 2 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Mercedes C-Class?
- 3 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to the Range Rover Evoque?
- 4 Quattro vs xDrive vs 4Matic: Is all-wheel drive worth the cost?
- 5 Keyless car theft: What is a relay attack, how can you prevent it, and will your car insurance cover it?
- 6 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Volkswagen Golf?
- 7 Annual mileage guide: What’s the average UK mileage per car? Why it pays to be accurate with car finance
- 8 Fuel economy: Windows down or air con on, which is better?
- 9 Mercedes-Benz E-Class: Complete styling overhaul as well as new tech for facelifted model
- 10 Volkswagen ID range: What is it and when can you get one?