The Department for Transport has announced a consultation into banning drivers from parking on pavements. This follows a 2019 report from the House of Commons transport committee calling for a nat...
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Department for Transport
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover
- MG Motor UK
Department for Transport
News and information on the Department For Transport.
Today marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities, and is a timely reminder of the changes which the blue badge disabled parking scheme has undergone recently. From 30 August 2019, the...
The House of Commons Transport Committee has called for tougher restrictions, enforcement and education on the use of hands-free mobile phones – including a total ban on drivers using them. The cr...
The Department for Transport (DfT) will today announce plans to crack down on aggressive motorists who drive too close to cyclists, with a minimum distance of 1.5m being introduced in an attempt to...
“The traffic gets worse every year” is a common gripe we hear and often mutter to ourselves as we grind to yet another halt. And for once, the facts back us up as the latest Road Traffic Estimates ...
The Environmental Audit Committee (EAC) has concluded that the Department for Transport (DfT) need to commit to long-term green vehicle strategy and encourage the uptake of ultra-low emission vehicles if they are to meet targets.
A major consultation has begun regarding the use of autonomous and driverless vehicle technology in the UK to help pave the way for automated cars to be used on British roads. The main aim is to e...
Eight new projects intended to develop the next generation of driverless cars in the UK have secured a share of £20 million of Government funding. These projects include the development of autono...
Newly qualified drivers could be refunded a portion of their learning costs if they pass first time, under new reforms being proposed. The plans, announced by Department for Transport (DfT), are in...
Search Leasing Deals
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Kia Sportage order books to open later this month
- 2 Hyundai Ioniq 5 vs Kia EV6: Which one wins?
- 3 Real-life review: What happens when you run out of battery in an electric car?
- 4 An inconvenient truth: How much does cold weather reduce an electric car’s range?
- 5 Quattro vs xDrive vs 4Matic: Is all-wheel drive worth the cost?
- 6 Volkswagen Taigo now available to lease
- 7 2022 Vauxhall Astra: Sports Tourer revealed
- 8 Volkswagen T-Roc gets fresh face for 2022
- 9 The A to Z of electric cars: Every EV available right now (and everything coming soon)
- 10 Crossover conundrum: Nissan Qashqai vs Hyundai Tucson vs Kia Sportage vs Peugeot 3008