Contract Hire and Leasing News - Security
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- BMW ALPINA
- Land Rover
- MG Motor UK
Thieves are harnessing sophisticated technology to hack into your car’s computer, meaning they don’t even need a key-fob to start the vehicle and can drive it away in a matter of minutes. Car se...
Ford has announced the Fiesta and Focus will be the first models to feature a sleep mode to protect against being hacked by relay car thieves. Keyless entry fobs of all makes of cars are being t...
Car security has progressed hugely in the past 20 years. If a thief wants to steal a modern car, they will need to steal the keys, because trying to get it started without them is nigh on impossibl...
The rise of the connected car could result in fleets losing ownership of their vehicles’ data, according to a fleet software company.
‘Loads of valuables left in vehicle overnight’: study reveals half of cars being used as mobile self-storage
Almost half of motorists are using their car as a mobile lock-up (45%), storing £217 worth of goods on average in their vehicle. Even better news for car criminals is that nearly one in 10 (9%) mot...
How important is security to you when you choose your next car? For most of us, it’s something taken as a given that almost all modern cars are very resistant to thieves. However, recent reports of...
The past week has witnessed one of the automotive industry’s worst fears coming to life. A hacker was able to access a car and take control of it via its onboard systems to isolate the driver from ...
Search Leasing Deals
Most Popular This Week
- 1 2019 Blue Badge scheme: Hidden disability changes introduced
- 2 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Mercedes C-Class?
- 3 Smart motorways: Not that clever after all
- 4 Grenadier v Defender: The battle begins
- 5 All-new Skoda Kamiq SUV: Pricing and specs revealed
- 6 2020 Land Rover Defender lease deals available
- 7 2020 Audi A5 facelift: What’s new?
- 8 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Volkswagen Golf?
- 9 Quattro vs xDrive vs 4Matic: Is all-wheel drive worth the cost?
- 10 Winners of ContractHireAndLeasing.com Car of the Year Awards 2014 announced