The Department for Transport (DfT) has confirmed that green number plates will be introduced for electric vehicles from the autumn. The green slash on the side of the number plate will allow drive...
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Politics
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- BMW ALPINA
- Land Rover
- MG Motor UK
As we near a third general election in five years, a few specific items recur throughout each party manifesto: Brexit obviously, the NHS and tax. But what about transport? It seems the political co...
Today marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities, and is a timely reminder of the changes which the blue badge disabled parking scheme has undergone recently. From 30 August 2019, the...
The government has confirmed it is looking to get rid of a legal loophole which allows drivers to escape prosecution for using their mobile phone behind the wheel. It is already an offence to use ...
The government’s Transport Committee has confirmed it wishes to start a debate around road pricing – more specifically the idea of a pay-as-you-go style system, that could fill a potential £40 bill...
The European automotive industry has made a rare joint call for the UK and the European Union to avoid a “catastrophic” ‘no deal’ Brexit. British prime minister Boris Johnson has vowed to leave th...
The government should be encouraging car usership rather than ownership if it is to deliver its net-zero emissions by 2050 target, a group of MPs have said. The Science and Technology Committee ...
Government funding for on-street EV chargers is set to double, the Department for Transport (DfT) has announced. An extra £2.5m is set to be given to local authorities who will install more than 1...
This week sees Boris Johnson take up what will no doubt be a controversial residence in 10 Downing Street, and there’s more than the new house for him to consider. He’s been known for driving aroun...
The government’s Exiting the European Union Committee report has found that a no-deal exit from the EU would be “the most economically damaging outcome for the UK”. Committee MPs have warned that...
Search Leasing Deals
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Top ten plug-in hybrids ranked by electric range
- 2 Quattro vs xDrive vs 4Matic: Is all-wheel drive worth the cost?
- 3 The best automotive April Fools’ from over the years
- 4 Real-life review: What happens when you run out of battery in an electric car?
- 5 New Volkswagen ID.4: Price and specs confirmed
- 6 Grenadier v Defender: The battle begins
- 7 Electric Kia EV6: UK prices revealed
- 8 Mercedes A-Class Saloon vs CLA-Class: Which one’s for you?
- 9 Mercedes-Benz CLS gets design changes and new drivetrain for 2021
- 10 The most potent ever Volkswagen Golf R has landed