As we near a third general election in five years, a few specific items recur throughout each party manifesto: Brexit obviously, the NHS and tax. But what about transport? It seems the political co...
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Politics
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- BMW ALPINA
- Land Rover
- MG Motor UK
Today marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities, and is a timely reminder of the changes which the blue badge disabled parking scheme has undergone recently. From 30 August 2019, the...
The government has confirmed it is looking to get rid of a legal loophole which allows drivers to escape prosecution for using their mobile phone behind the wheel. It is already an offence to use ...
Electric vehicles in the UK could soon be issued with specific green-coloured number plates under government plans. The Department for Transport (DfT) says giving zero-emission vehicles green num...
The government’s Transport Committee has confirmed it wishes to start a debate around road pricing – more specifically the idea of a pay-as-you-go style system, that could fill a potential £40 bill...
The European automotive industry has made a rare joint call for the UK and the European Union to avoid a “catastrophic” ‘no deal’ Brexit. British prime minister Boris Johnson has vowed to leave th...
The government should be encouraging car usership rather than ownership if it is to deliver its net-zero emissions by 2050 target, a group of MPs have said. The Science and Technology Committee ...
Government funding for on-street EV chargers is set to double, the Department for Transport (DfT) has announced. An extra £2.5m is set to be given to local authorities who will install more than 1...
This week sees Boris Johnson take up what will no doubt be a controversial residence in 10 Downing Street, and there’s more than the new house for him to consider. He’s been known for driving aroun...
The government’s Exiting the European Union Committee report has found that a no-deal exit from the EU would be “the most economically damaging outcome for the UK”. Committee MPs have warned that...
Search Leasing Deals
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Coronavirus Q&A: How it’s affecting car leasing
- 2 Coronavirus: Drivers to get six-month MOT exemption
- 3 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Mercedes C-Class?
- 4 Keyless car theft: What is a relay attack, how can you prevent it, and will your car insurance cover it?
- 5 How to clean your car to reduce the risk of coronavirus
- 6 Coronavirus: What qualifies as non-essential travel?
- 7 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to the Range Rover Evoque?
- 8 Review: Volvo XC40 Recharge
- 9 Quattro vs xDrive vs 4Matic: Is all-wheel drive worth the cost?
- 10 Mazda CX-5 refreshed for 2020