All new housing built in England will feature electric vehicle charge points, the government has confirmed. The legislation is set to be introduced as part of its effort to achieve net zero emissio...
Contract Hire and Leasing News - Politics
- Alfa Romeo
- BMW ALPINA
- Land Rover
- MG Motor UK
Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) for cars and vans is set to increase for the third time in three years from 1 April 2019. Although this time, it’s just in line with inflation. The increase in VED, or ‘r...
A massive spike in demand for plug-in hybrids and electric vehicles, since the government announced it would be scrapping grants for PHEVs and reducing them for EVs, means all of the outgoing rates...
42 MPs have called for the Chancellor Philip Hammond to introduce tax-based incentives in his upcoming budget in order to stimulate uptake of electric vehicles. The cross-party group’s announcemen...
Remember, remember the ninth of November. That will be the date burned into the memories of many drivers as the point when the UK government shrugged its shoulders and abandoned its support for hyb...
Ahead of Theresa May’s vital Brexit summit in Brussels tonight, key European automotive manufacturers and suppliers have come together to warn of the potential consequences a no-deal scenario would...
In a political week characterised by chaos, there is one glimmer of clarity in the words of the Road to Zero document. This policy strategy outlines how the government intends to lead us to a count...
The government has confirmed the sale of new diesel- and petrol-hybrid cars will be permitted after 2040, in a move that has been welcomed by the motor industry. The plan to ban new petrol- and di...
Car parking: how controversial can it be? Very, would seem to the answer given reactions to the Scottish government’s plan to ban parking on pavements. The Transport (Scotland) Bill covers a wide ...
Search Leasing Deals
Most Popular This Week
- 1 Coronavirus Q&A: How it’s affecting car leasing
- 2 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Mercedes C-Class?
- 3 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to the Range Rover Evoque?
- 4 Quattro vs xDrive vs 4Matic: Is all-wheel drive worth the cost?
- 5 Keyless car theft: What is a relay attack, how can you prevent it, and will your car insurance cover it?
- 6 Colour guide: How much difference does colour make to a Volkswagen Golf?
- 7 Driving after lockdown: It’s probably time you learned the ‘Dutch Reach’?
- 8 Annual mileage guide: What’s the average UK mileage per car? Why it pays to be accurate with car finance
- 9 Ford Mustang Mach-E: All-electric SUV now available to order
- 10 Choosing car colours: The most popular, the most iconic… and the worst