2022 Mazda CX-5: Full details and list prices revealed
The Mazda CX-5 SUV has been revised for 2022, with new trim levels and tweaked styling.
With list prices from £27,845, it’s set to arrive in the UK early next year. Here’s everything you need to know.
Mazda CX-5 fast facts
- Two petrols and two diesels offered
- Tweaks to front and rear bumpers modernise look
- All-new Newground and Sport Back trim levels
- Mazda’s new Mi-Drive driving mode makes debut
- Adaptive cruise control now standard
Mazda CX-5 styling
You’ll notice the front looking more powerful than previous models, this is down to its more three-dimensional grille and signature wing design. Both front and rear lamp clusters have also been restyled, and new exterior colour, Zircon Sand, added.
Three new model grades incorporate subtle differences to define their distinctive characters:
- Newground features silver underguard-style treatment to the front and rear bumpers and door garnishes, black door mirrors, lime green accents to the front grille and 17in silver or 19in black machine-cut alloy wheels. The interior combines suede upholstery with lime green stitching and air-conditioning louvres.
- Sport Black boasts a sporting, gloss black finish to the front grille, signature wing, lower bumper sections, wheel arches, door garnishes and door mirrors, giving the body a taut, athletic look. 19in alloy wheels are finished in black metallic paint, and the front grille incorporates red accents. Red stitching trims the black leather seats, steering wheel, gear shift lever and door panels.
- GT Sport combines a unified, one-colour exterior which highlights the beauty of Kodo design’s dynamic forms. The brilliant gloss paint of the bright silver 19in alloy wheels enhances the solid metal appearance of the vehicle. The interior features the smooth tactility of Nappa leather and the luxurious textures of genuine woodgrain.
Thanks the next generation of Skyactiv-Vehicle Architecture, the 2022 CX-5 will gain an evolved bodyshell, suspension and seats to enhance ride comfort and reduce fatigue.
Mazda CX-5 interior
The interior of the 2022 CX-5 now benefits from a wireless Qi phone charging tray in the centre console. The two-piece, reversible loadspace floorboard and the tailgate sill are on the same level to aid loading. Newground models also feature a floorboard with a water-resistant side for wet or dirty items.
The updated CX-5’s range of i-Activsense safety systems now includes Cruising & Traffic Support (CTS). CTS helps reduce driver fatigue by assisting with accelerator, brake pedal and steering operations when stuck in traffic jams. Finally, the front Adaptive LED Headlights (ALH) have also evolved to give finer control over light distribution.
Mazda CX-5 driving
Like driving without the sound of road noise? Well its been greatly reduced, particularly when driving on rough surfaces such as gravel.
The 2022 CX-5 introduces Mazda Intelligent Drive select (Mi-Drive), which enables the driver to select the most appropriate drive mode with one touch of a switch.
Some model grades equipped with i-Activ AWD further benefit from an Off-Road Mode, which makes driving feel more natural on un-made and slippery surfaces.
Mazda CX-5 drivetrains
Two petrols and two diesels remain on offer. The entry-level petrol produces 165hp and is front-wheel drive, while the larger 2.50litre petrol produces 194hp and features all-wheel drive.
The diesels produces either 150hp or 184hp, with the more potent variation getting an all-wheel drive platform too. There’s a choice between a manual and automatic gearbox, although the more potent models feature an automatic gearbox as standard.
The 2022 CX-5 also introduces Mazda Intelligent Drive select (Mi-Drive), which enables the driver to select the most appropriate drive mode with one touch of a switch.
Mazda CX-5 release date and leasing plans
With list prices from £27,845, customer deliveries for the revised Mazda CX-5 are due to commence in January.
It will join the rest of the SUV range, which now features the mild-hybrid CX-30 and the all-electric MX-30. You can search and compare CX-5 leasing plans right now via the button below.